There are those that say a map of your body is in your hands. (I remember learning a technique years ago for getting rid of headaches by pressing points on the hands.) The hands can even be a metaphor for how you're "handling" issues or life.
Your hands are a simple and profound place to be kind to yourself. Small actions can have profound effects.
Janine Cheung of HealthyBalancedBody.com shares how holding fingers can bring balance:
- "You can hold your Thumb to balance Worry (so many babies suck their thumbs, showing that they are worried, or have tummy/digestive problems);
- Hold your Index Finger to balance Fear, or help a sore back;
- Hold your Middle Finger to balance Anger;
- Hold your Ring Finger to balance Grief or Sadness (and to help you breath;)
- Hold your Little Finger when you're stuck in trying-too-hard mode (running around taking care of everyone else, but yourself) or Pretense (laughing on the outside, but crying on the inside.)"
One of my personal self nurturing techniques is to lovingly apply hand cream. I keep hand cream next to my bed, in my desk drawer, in the kitchen, and in my purse. You can use a lovely cold pressed coconut or sesame oil as a hand softener. I use those (or olive oil) in the kitchen when I'm doing a lot of food preparation so that if it gets into any of the food, it's edible and clean.
Having the "intention" of taking care of yourself as you take any small, nurturing action will deepen the peace it brings.
May your path always be smooth and fragrant. May you handle things with grace and clarity. May you always have the strength to lend a hand, and to have the courage to take a hand. May you put your hands together in joy and appreciation. May you know when to let go, and when to open your hands to receive. May your heart help you to quietly hold someone's hand... or your own!
Please "Like" and share.